Sunday, July 10, 2011

Choose you this Day Whom ye Will Serve



In the Old Testament the prophet Joshua encouraged the people; Choose you this day whom ye will serve… but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Bible, Joshua 24:15) Now is the day and the hour of our salvation or temporary damnation depending on how we choose to serve God and work out our salvation. This also suggests we should seek to work out our salvation now in this lifetime, or circuit of life, rather than thinking we can do so in our next embodiment or even another day in this lifetime because tomorrow we may be dead. In the Books of the Saviour; Mary… said unto the Saviour (Jesus): “My Lord, …if souls come into the world in many circuits and are neglectful of receiving mysteries hoping that, if they come into the world at any other circuit, they will receive them, will they then not be in danger of not succeeding in receiving the mysteries?” The Saviour answered and said unto his disiciples: “Herald unto the whole world and say unto men: Strive thereafter that ye receive the mysteries of the Light in this time of affliction and enter into the Light-kingdom. Join not one day to another, or one circuit to another, hoping that ye may succeed in receiving the mysteries if ye come into the world in another circuit.” (Pistis Sophia by G.R.S. Mead p262) Referring to the Teachings of the Ascended Masters as revealed by Saint Germain in this day and age, the Archangel Michael points out that; if you pass this opportunity you will wait such a long time again. I would not care to estimate it to you. The unfortunate people who doubt the Reality of this Truth are the most unfortunate on this planet!  (The Voice of the I AM 1941 February p16)

In the New Testament Jesus teaches the people: Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. …And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward. (Bible, Matthew 10:34-41) Choosing to serve God by following the Masters may mean you will disagree with loved ones who want you to remain in their Religion or to continue on their spiritual path. If necessary we must be willing to give up everything which would hold us back spiritually. Those who receive the teachings of a righteous man will receive a little spiritual reward. Those who receive the teachings of a prophet will receive a greater spiritual reward. Those who receive the teachings of an Ascended Master will receive the even greater spiritual reward of Eternal Life.

All mankind worship what they love most. If, for example, they love money most then this becomes their god. For this reason the first of the ten commandments in the Old Testament is: 2I am the LORD thy God… 3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (Bible, Exodus 20:2-3) Jesus expresses it another way when he instructs his twelve apostles: 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (Bible, Matthew 10:37) This also means that we need to decide which God we are going to follow and which of all the many spiritual paths is best suited to help us reach God’s Heaven and be able to enjoy Eternal Life there. I have tried to show as clearly as I can the way to Eternal Life in this lifetime. You must decide for yourself which spiritual path to follow in this lifetime or whether to wait for an opportunity to achieve this goal in some future embodiment. The words of Jot Niranjan, or Jehovah, to the Eck Master Paul Twitchell seem appropriate here: “The truth never pretends it has the monopoly on God. There are many (p16) ways to God, and each Soul must be free to choose which one It prefers… (p17) (The Tiger’s Fang by Paul Twitchell)  

No comments:

Post a Comment