Monday, July 11, 2011

The Path of the Sun

Buddha's Trek by h.koppdelaney

 (Flickr: Creative Commons; Some Rights Reserved)

  Ten Times
Ten times I’ve been a ruler
Ten times I’ve been a teacher
Ten times I’ve been a merchant
Ten times I’ve been a fighter
Ten times I’ve been a thinker
Ten times I’ve been administrator
Ten times I’ve been a farmer
Ten times I’ve been a priest
Ten times I’ve been a helper
Ten times I’ve been a lover
I love all aspects now I have forgotten who I am

Concerning the path of the sun, which represents the path of spiritual Light as opposed to the path of spiritual darkness, C. W. Leadbeater teaches: The path of the sun is that of the occult aspirant, the man of spiritual desires, who values life only for what it can give to the higher Self in others as well as himself. He also is reborn, but usually without an interval, or after a very short one. (p275) This suggests that those who follow this path have an understanding of the Higher Selves of mankind. The Godhead of Christianity, known as the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, are our three Higher Selves. In his book The Masters and the Path C. W. Leadbeater points out that; the triple atma, the threefold Spirit of man, lies in the lower part of the nirvanic, or spiritual plane, and that the lowest manifestation of the Third Person, God, the Holy Spirit, is in the higher part of the same plane. (p231-2) This is a path of service but one thing seems to be lacking and that is the knowledge and practices of the path of fire. For this purpose these aspirants must be reborn in order to find the path of fire, or the middle path, which leads to the top of the Mountain of God. This is supported by the teachings of Jesus to his disciples, after his Resurrection, in the Books of the Saviour. Jesus’ disciples ask him what will happen to a righteous man who hasn’t received the mysteries of the Light when he goes forth out of the body. Jesus teaches them that; the Virgin of Light… letteth it be cast down into the body… which will be good to find the… mysteries of the Light and inherit the Light-kingdom for ever. …It is impossible to bring souls into the Light without the mysteries of the Light-kingdom. …Search ever and cease not unto ye find the mysteries of the Light which will lead you into the Light-kingdom. …Beware of the doctrines of error. For many will come in my name… and they will lead many astray. (Pistis Sophia by G.R.S. Mead p220, 234)
photo
Towards the Light by h.koppdelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment